Monday, January 12, 2009

CFUnited session # 2!!

I know at least one man will be very happy to know I will be presenting Red Green Refactor at CFUnited! I gave a presentation at bFusion about TDD and MXUnit with the same title that got a lot of great feedback. This presentation will follow a similar tone as that one, only less MXUnit and more rants about BDD. I've previously ignored talking specifically to BDD as I felt (and still feel to an extent) that BDD is really just TDD done right. After the recent cfSpec announcement I got to talking to Sean Corfield about BDD and he made a comment of getting BDD over TDD. This leads me to think I should talk more about BDD (it seems to make more sense to more folks). I'm still of the mindset that BDD is little more than TDD done right but, I think BDD is starting to become more relevant as the concepts mature and evolve. I will probably focus more on some BDD concepts than I previously had planned. This should give me a chance to learn more about BDD in the process, I can't wait to give this presentation!

4 comments:

Marc Esher said...

all your preso are belong to us. that's great news Adam. Congrats!

Unknown said...

Excellent! I know it'll be a great presentation and the whole Red Green Refactor thing is really important for developers, IMO.

Anonymous said...

Must ...
resist...
can't...

Red Green?

Anonymous said...

I have been using cfSpec for three weeks now and I must say I'm convinced!

I could never quite 'get' what to do with the other TDD based methods and always felt awkward trying to use them. In fact it never worked for me but cfSpec really works as far as I am concerned.